Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Whatever you are doing right now, just drop it and run.

I had a very inspiring conversation with my roommate the other day. He was venting his frustrations about school and how it can be counter productive at times. We then went on to talk about what we would do with out lives if we could just drop out of school. If that does not get you excited, I don't know what does. The thought of having a real, or heck even a fake job, where I can come home from work and not have a care in the world makes me giddy. This is a very bad sign seeing that I still have two years of college left. It a good thing I care about that piece of paper with my name on it. Of course I value and love my education but good golly, I can only write so many papers and take so many tests. So just is case there is a day in my life where I go AWOL, you will know where to find me.

Your first bet would be to go back East to NYC. There is a good chance I will be sitting against the east tower on the Brooklyn Bridge, playing my guitar for the masses. These people won't be there to listen to me specifically but one way or anything they will hear me play. Ever since I witnessed one of the worlds finest street performances in the French Quarter of New Orleans, I had a desire to try my hand at it. And lets get serious, if you can make it in the Big Apple, you can make it anywhere. It wouldn't be a very fancy set up. Just me, my guitar and a little bucket adorning a sign that says, "Please donate to the Human Fund."

If by chance I am not in city the never sleeps, I'll be in the one that sits a mile high above sea level. That's right, Denver, Colorado. This is also the home of my favorite but not famed baseball team, the Colorado Rockies. It has been my boyhood dream to work for their organization. My most recent idea would be to work as a translator for the Latin players on the team but let's get serious. If I to scrub the toilets in Coors Field or drive the team bus, I would do it in a heartbeat.

For this next one we head north to Alaska. I know what you are thinking and no I do now want to race dogsleds. Originally I wanted to be captain of one of those big ships that carries lots of oil in it, but some drunk nincompoop had to ruin it for me. Since that is not an option, ice fishing is the next best thing. That is a lie, but I would like to try it before I die.

Here is a list of my other random desired professions.
-High school football coach in a random town in Montana
-Owner of a restaurant that specializes in mozzarella sticks
-Toll Collector on the Jersey Turnpike
-Something to do with bananas in Ecuador- preferably picking the bundles
-School bus driver...heck I could do that anywhere
-Fireman...but only if I can be the guy who controls the hose. I don't walk into burning buildings
-Minor League Umpire- Once again, baseball.
-Duct tape industrialist- don't ask

Well there you have it. Give me reason enough to leave and I will go to one of these many places and live the simple life. In all reality I will be here in Provo, working for a piece of paper with some fancy writing on it. Just reading that last sentence makes me depressed. I'm outta here...

No comments: